Mission:The mission of the Waterford Public Schools, a premier educational system within a community that fosters high aspirations, is to guarantee that each student acquire the skills and knowledge to become a successful individual and a responsible citizen by setting high expectations and requiring excellence in an atmosphere of integrity and respect.
Beliefs:This plan is based on a series of beliefs which reflect the values and philosophy of our school community. The belief statements listed below serve as the basic tenets which guide our plan.
- We believe each individual has inherent worth.
- We believe the family is a fundamental and ongoing influence on an individual's development and learning.
- We believe appropriate standards of behavior, consistently adhered to, are a necessary condition for education.
- We believe high expectations and dedicated effort promote excellence and achievement.
- We believe integrity and respect are values that permeate an effective organization.
- We believe a quality education ensures the development of skills necessary for lifelong learning.
- We believe education is the shared responsibility of individual, family, school system and community.
- We believe genuine accomplishment builds self-esteem.
- We will continue to achieve among the highest scores in each area of the Connecticut standardized tests in our District Reference Group (DRG).
- We will not tolerate behavior that interferes with the learning process.
- We will not tolerate behavior which is disrespectful or demeaning to any individual or group.
- We will always expect the highest degree of professionalism from all employees.
- We will always provide staff training for any change we implement.
- We will not tolerate incompetent employees.
- We will institute a new program only if it is consistent with the mission and its benefits justify the costs.
- We will always use our resources in a cost-effective manner without compromising quality.