Waterford High Safe Grad Organization
The Class of 2018 encourages all families to view our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/whssgo/?ref=bookmarks
This includes suggestions for underclassman families as well as many details for 2017 families.
What is The Safe Grad Party?
An alcohol-free, all night party held at a special location.
What time is the party?
The party starts as soon as the graduation reception ends (buses leave at 9pm) and is over around 5am.
What happens there?
The students will have a great time participating in a variety of fun and entertaining activities. Some of those activities may include paintball, a dance party, a variety show, a street carnival, bowling, swimming, etc. - it all depends on the venue.
How much does the party cost?
When all is said and done, the class will need to collect at least $25,000 by May of Senior Year.
- Money is raised in three manners:
- Family Contributions
- Corporate Donations.
- The WHSSGO will begin collecting family contributions during the fall of senior year.
Who attends the party?
Graduated seniors and a handful of parent chaperones.
How do the students get to the party?
Students are bussed from Waterford High School to and from. Students are not allowed to drive to the party. Each student is assigned a bus number and will board that bus all night. The buses transport students from the high school parking lot to the event venue and then back to the high school parking lot.
Will there be food? Is it included?
Yes, there will be lots of food, from meal items like hamburgers to dessert items like ice cream. The students will be fed well. There are also gluten free items available.
What happens if the class does not collect/raise the $25,000 by Spring of Senior Year?
If a class does not raise the full amount by Spring of Senior Year, then a per student ticket price will be required to make up the shortage.
How many graduating seniors typically attend?
On average, 85% of the senior class attends this party.
Where is the location?
The location changes from year to year. Depending on where the committee votes to take the graduates.
How does a class avoid not having to pay a per student ticket fee in the Spring of Senior Year?
- As a parent, react when a request for a contribution is asked for. Send in the requested amount.
- Or, if an amount is not specifically requested, send in an amount that you feel is appropriate - every contribution helps. Remember the price is approximately $140 per student if the event was solely funded by the parents.
- Join the committee and plan fundraisers.
- Participate in all fundraisers.
- Send out donation request to corporations and local businesses during early Senior Year.
- With proper planning and participation, the class will be successful!